Jun 4, 2012

Still Juicing - For Weight Loss & High Energy


I am still juicing daily, sometimes twice a day.  The more I juice, the better I feel!  Although I'm a huge advocate of juicing, it is important to still eat fruits and veggies. Vegetable juices are not meal replacements, there is little to no fiber or fat in a vegetable juice, therefore it is not a balanced meal.   Some of the benefits of juicing include more absorption; drinking fresh juice allows you to absorb up to 80% more nutrients, tons of minerals and vitamins that you  otherwise wouldn't get.  Juicing also allows for a wider variety fruits and veggies in our diets, you can't eat the quantity you can juice.  Additionally, juicing helps the health of the liver, kidney and other organs, fights disease, promotes weight loss and boosts energy levels.  Juicing leads to better overall health. 

Tips for great tasting juices; add lemons, limes and/or ginger.  In addition to improving taste, ginger   is known to improve cardiovascular health, reduce inflammation and aids in digestion.  Be sure to drink your juice immediately, it is highly perishable if stored in an airtight container and refrigerated, juice can be preserved for up to 24 hours.   

My juice today: Cucumber, Celery, Mint, Lime, Ginger and Pear,   I go for nutrition over taste, so I'm very heavy on the veggies and light on the fruit (only half a pear)!