May 25, 2012

Still Juicing? It Makes You Look Younger!


Today I tried this extravagant combo; orange, tomato, pineapple, apple and carrot.  It was tasty, but a bit too sweet for my liking.  My favorite combo this week was; kale, cucumber, celery, parsley red apple,  ginger and watermelon - this was absolutely delicious and highly nutritious.  However, after speaking with a nutritionist I discovered that mixing  watermelon and other melons with vegetable juices is not optimal for digestion, the same goes for mixing melons with other fruits and food; they should be eaten alone and given time to digest. Also for better digeston, it is best to wait 45 minutes to an hour prior to eating any solid food after you juice.

I have been juicing daily, sometimes twice a day for over a month now.  Twice in the last seven days I was carded when ordering a glass of wine.  I think the juice is making me look younger!